Allens specialises in handling complex and difficult transactions that require exceptional legal, negotiation and project management skills.
We bring lawyers from different teams together to provide a wide range of expertise and experience across seven practice groups. We are also business partners as well as lawyers. This means we’re committed to understanding sector-specific commercial challenges as well as legal requirements. Our alliance with Linklaters gives our people enormous opportunities to accelerate their careers within a global network, in 39 offices across 28 countries.
Our 2020 clerkship recruitment process:
- An online application
- Optional component:
- Rare – an optional recruitment survey that helps us to increase diversity in our workforce. The Contextual Recruitment System uses your educational, socioeconomic and personal information to provide us with a more complete picture of your background. It allows us to better understand your achievements, and the context in which they have been gained, beyond what we may see on your resume. The CRS is a ‘screen in’ tool, not a ‘screen out’ tool, and under no circumstances are candidates ever marked down for supplying or not supplying this information.
- Assessment – strengths based online assessment, through Cappfinity.
- Cocktail style event (Allens Insider Access).
- Two face-to-face interviews.
- Second cocktail style event pre-offer.
You will be allocated a junior lawyer to act as your buddy throughout the recruitment process.
Our clerkship program is a stepping stone to bigger things – most clerks go on to become graduates with us. Here is a quick rundown of what you can look forward to:
- a personalised induction program that introduces you to our people and the work we do;
- on-the-job training with support from a partner and a junior lawyer, who will act as your performance coach and buddy;
- learning opportunities across practice areas and partners, as we don’t work in silos;
- the chance to work on real matters with many of Australia’s and the world’s top 100 companies;
- the opportunity to get involved in community and pro bono work, and learn about our committees and interest groups;
- the chance to learn about working within our alliance with Linklaters and about secondment opportunities;
- seminars that will build a strong foundation of skills to help you become an excellent lawyer and thrive in our ever‑changing world;
- social events, where you will really get to know us; and
- the opportunity to network with some of the best in the profession.
For more info and to apply visit: https://careers.allens.com.au/cw/en/listing/