The Justice Action Committee is an official committee of the UTS LSS. Committee members contribute to planning, organising and executing Social Justice Initiatives. These include raising funds for a range
The Justice Action Committee is an official committee of the UTS LSS. Committee members contribute to planning, organising and executing Social Justice Initiatives. These include raising funds for a range of causes, organising annual conferences and implementing their own initiatives.
Our planned projects for 2019 include:
- Bi-Annual Charity Trivia nights where committee members will assist with organising catering, team registration, composing questions, running the event, and deciding on the organisation that funds will be donated to.
- Raising money for a not-for-profit organisation through the annual Law Ball Raffle.
- Assisting with the work of the Social Justice portfolio, including but not limited to, the Red Cross Blood Donation Drive, Sydney Homeless Connect, Westmead Children’s Hospital visit and Homelessness Sleepout and food drive.
- Writing Parliamentary Submissions on pressing issues e.g. rights of the child.
- Other projects that JAC members are empowered to bring to life based on their interests and passions.
The Justice Action Committee will meet every fortnight during Autumn and Spring Semesters with the Social Justice portfolio. Ad Hoc meetings may be held if required prior to upcoming events.
Committee members will have their hours credited under the Brennan Justice Program Leadership Through Service (LTS) component.
How to Apply?
Applications open 11th March 2019!
Please find the JAC Application here and be sure to submit it before the deadline.
Applications close Friday 25th March 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact the UTS LSS Vice President (Social Justice), Pia Francesca Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
march 11 (Monday) - 25 (Monday)
Pia F. Gonzalezvpsj@utslss.com