If you’re interested in getting some experience, have a browse through the opportunities on offer below.
Information for employers
Interested in reaching out to bright and promising law students? Firms are welcome to send in job listings for us to advertise to our members on this page.
Please provide the following information to our Vice-President (Careers), Cassy Reilly at email@example.com with the subject “Jobs Board”:
- Title/position name
- Start date
- Type of Job Legal/Non-legal/Volunteer
- Duration/Employment Type (casual, part-time, full time, 6-month internship etc.)
- Rate of pay
- Date applications close
- Contact details, a URL/web address can be added for further information
Content Development Editor
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as the Content Development Editor at LexisNexis (part of RELX). This is an important support role in our Text and Learning team, pivotal to the successful development of high quality texts and learning resources. The role reports into our Product Manager, Digital Learning.
To be based from Chatswood, Sydney location, this role is a part time contract to March 2022, 3 days per week working from the office and remotely. You will be someone who is currently studying a degree in Law or have just completed their degree and wants to step into the industry and gain practical exposure within Legal!
For more information, click here.
Rostron Carlyle Rojas Lawyers
Rostron Carlyle Rojas Lawyers is currently seeking expressions of interest from penultimate and final year law students to join its rapidly growing commercial litigation practice as a paralegal. This is a full time position.
As a member of the commercial litigation practice, the chosen candidate will be involved in matters relating to defamation, insolvency, building and construction disputes, commercial debt recovery and general commercial litigation matters.
For the right candidate, this opportunity will set the path to an exciting career with accelerated growth. Our culture is one where we provide support, mentoring and opportunity for those who are driven to succeed. Contact us today to discuss how you may be the right fit for our team.
In order to be considered for the role you must:
– have strong academic results from an Australian law school;
– be reputation focused and passionate about delivering results;
– have good repour with clients;
– be confident in your legal strategy and advice by being well informed;
– have exceptional attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills;
– have a willingness to learn; and
– be prepared to assist and support senior lawyers in a wide range of marketing and business development campaigns.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
– work within a team of dedicated commercial litigation lawyers on a variety of litigious matters;
– conduct legal and business research to assist in client and business matters;
– prepare legal documents such as direct correspondence, contracts, court documents, and reports;
– draft articles for publication and prepare presentations for internal and client purposes;
– maintain ongoing education in the area of commercial litigation in accordance with the law society’s CLE requirements;
– maintain an organised high volume diary for file and matter management;
– be client facing and maintain a trustworthy relationship with clients and colleagues; and
– prepare internal monthly reports and matter invoicing.
The successful candidate will have:
– demonstrated skills in providing support in an office environment;
– enthusiastic and dedicated approach, excellent time management skills and strong commitment to quality;
– advanced skills in Microsoft Office;
– ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
– well-developed organisational and administration skills;
– experience in a similar position in a legal firm or other professional services firm is highly regarded;
– knowledge of LexisNexis Affinity software is highly regarded; and
– experience in commercial litigation is highly regarded.
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only (inc. New Zealand Citizens)
Email CV and Letter of Intention to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Casual Program Facilitator
batyr is on the lookout for passionate and engaging young people to deliver batyr programs! Casual program facilitators are like the MC’s of a batyr program. They deliver mental health content, lead group activities and challenges, introduce and debrief the stories shared by batyr’s lived experience storytellers and adapt their approach and style to engage different groups in positive and dynamic conversations.
For more information, check out their website here.
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy are excited to announce their Sydney Summer Clerkship applications are now open! To apply, click here.
Applicants are required to upload their resume and current academic transcript and answer a series of questions (within 50 words). Any additional documents, including a cover letter, will not form part of your application.
After submitting your application, applicants will be prompted to complete an immersive video based Situational Judgement Test (SJT), taking around 20 minutes. The SJT is designed to provide a realistic preview of what you may experience as a graduate at Allen & Overy. You will be given 24 hours to complete the test.
It is encouraged that you submit your online application at least 24 hours prior to the deadline (14 July) to give you time to complete both the online application and SJT by the deadline.
Applications will close at midnight on 14 July. Applications will be reviewed immediately after closing and contact those who are successful in being invited to a first round interview by the end of July. First round interviews will take place in early August.
For further information on Allen & Overy’s Sydney Summer Clerkship program, visit their website and their Summer Clerkship Brochure. You can also contact Allen & Overy at email@example.com.