BY-ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENTNominations for the UTS Law Students’ Society By-Elections are now open for the positions of:
- Sports Director
- Careers (Publications) Director
- Subject Mooting Director (x 2)
- Intervarsity Competitions (Mooting) Director
- Negotiations Director
- Witness Examination Director
- Marketing Director (x 2)
- Equity Director
- Diversity Director
- Brennan Program Director
How to apply?
If you would like to apply, please send a Statement of Candidature to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on Friday, 27 November 2020. Any statements sent after this time will not be considered. A Statement of Candidature is a statement that reflects:
- Who you are (your full name, student number, student email address);
- A picture of yourself (optional);
- The position you are nominating yourself for;
- Why you want the position that you are nominating yourself for;
- Any experience that will assist you in the capacity of your nominated position;
- What you will bring to the position during tenure if you are elected; and
- What you will assist this Council in achieving if you are elected.
- No more than one A4 page;
- Times New Roman;
- Size 12 font;
- 1.5 spacing;
- 2cm margins;
- Submitted in word format; and
- Must include your full name, student number, student email address, and the nominated position.
In addition to a Statement of Candidature, nominations for Marketing Director must be accompanied by a design for the following fictional brief:
The UTS LSS First Year Law Camp is the ultimate way to kick-start your university experience. It is a must-attend event for all law students starting at UTS, giving you the perfect opportunity to get to know your fellow first year students in a relaxed, fun environment. The Camp will be held on the 24-26th February at Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre.
Marketing Director nominees must submit an A4 poster advertising the event outlined in this brief. You may also include a portfolio of design work, however this is not compulsory.
Announcement of results:
The successful candidate for the positions will be notified at the conclusion of voting at the upcoming UTS LSS Council Meeting on Saturday, 28 November 2020.If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.